window grids won't seat properly

We just finished our addition and went to install the screens and grids in our new windows. The grids are wood so we primed and painted them. They install on the inside of the windows and are supposed to just snap on. They do snap on, but they don't seat properly up against the glass. They bow out. Any suggestions for how to get them to stay flush against the window? It's the little things that will drive us nuts......

-Holly

Reply to
I & H

Did the seat properly before you painted them? Check to see that you did not build up enough paint so the grids bind instead of seating properly

Are they flat if you lay them on a flat surface or do they bow as in they are warped? If they are bowed, you have to flatten them somehow, not easy to do.

.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"I & H" wrote

Did you happen to let the primer/paint dry in the sun? If so, good luck!

Reply to
Richmond