Window draft

How fancy do you want to get? To note the hole just the photo software on Windows 10 works good enough. This is my daugher-in0law's dong and it took me about two minutes.

Ed Pawlowski

If you're using Windows 10, (I've seen you post in that group), the old snipping tool and the new snipping tool both work well to annotate anything you can display on your screen, and of course the built-in Paint program works fine. If you want to install something, you have lots of choices, but if you only need to draw on a photo then the built in stuff works great.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Trust me, it's not. Like I said I've worked in that business (looks like a Euro-Vinyl winfow - much like I have in my house but mine are side sliders)

No. ot's there and looks like it has 4 holes in it in the bottom right corner - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

No kidding!

I've tried that. I got confused, but if you say it works, I'll try again.

Reply to
micky

That explains everything.

Reply to
micky

Gosh. I guess I have to try harder.

(The dog would look good with glasses, but with its coloring, not yellow frames.)

Reply to
micky

Words work too, and take up less space.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Both panes are there just hard to see in pick. All windows in my home are the same type and 6 of which are identical to this one.

Reply to
Rem Ram

I agree that the upper inner pane is missing. Wait for a nice mild day and tape some poly onto the window with hockey-pad plastic tape.

< it won't stick well if the window frame is wintery cold >

Tape over that big hole in the frame, while you're at it. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Rem Ram pretended :

Do they all have that thumb-sized hole in them?

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Do they have 4 holes in the glas? Who puts holes in glass?

Reply to
micky

It's a "ghetto fix" for failed seals on the sealed unit - gets the moisture out from between the panes to stop condensation / fogging. Guys who know what they are doing usually put in a one way valve thingy to let moisture/air out but restrict it getting back in

Reply to
Clare Snyder

That's an obnoxious remark.

And especially here where lots of people are suggesting or using all kinds of contrived, tossed-together repairs.

Reply to
micky

So what should people call an area where a lot of poor people live? It's based on an Italian word. It used to refer to Jewish areas. This is one definition of ghetto.

"n, pl -tos or -toes

  1. (Sociology) sociol a densely populated slum area of a city inhabited by a socially and economically deprived minority
  2. (Sociology) an area in a European city in which Jews were formerly required to live
  3. (Sociology) a group or class of people that is segregated in some way [C17: from Italian, perhaps shortened from borghetto, diminutive of borgo settlement outside a walled city; or from the Venetian ghetto the medieval iron-founding district, largely inhabited by Jews] Collins English Dictionary ? Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007,
2009, 2011, 2014"

By the way, there are a lot of improvised fixes here:

Dean Hoffman

" I taught McGyver everything he knows"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

A BBC show, Weird Wonders, had a good example. Elephants were raiding farmers' crops. Most solutions failed. Even electric fencing had mixed results. Keeping mice on a field was impractical. Someone noticed that bees will scare elephants. So people mounted bee hives around the fields. The hives were tied to each other by a wire to wake the bees if an elephant touched it. Side benefits included cross pollination, honey, and being able to sleep at night.

Dean Hoffman