OT. Koolaid With a TV Dinner???

Blame Nebraskans. A list of some things invented in Nebraska:

Some big city type must've written this. There is no mention of center pivots.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Apparently Zybach grew up in Nebraska but headed west to Colorado before his brainstorm. Daugherty bought the rights.

Reply to
rbowman

I searched for Colorado inventions and didn't find them on the sites that showed up. Here's an example:

Maybe it's because there are so few sold relatively speaking.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Apparently the only thing invented in Montana was the Holter heart monitor that makes the searches. They missed beaverslides:

Grant-Kohrs is a National Historic Site and is maintained as a working ranch over in Deer Lodge. There still are some beaverslides around although most people use tractors rather than teams.

Right around here it's mostly wheel lines or hand lines. Moving pipe gives the kids something to do.

Reply to
rbowman

I looked up center pivots. Pretty interesting. I've seen them of course but didn't know what they were called.

Reply to
micky

Apparently tampons were invented there.

Around 1973, I went to Europe and visited an ex-traveling partner in Belgium. She was starting her summer trip and her boyfriend backed out so I went. Strictly platonic, not my type. In Czechoslovakia, she got somewhat sick so we went to a small-town hospital. Floors made of grey cement, almost no medical equipment, not much lighting, just like the stereotype of a communist country. Although also because it's communist, they treated her for free.

After the exam, she told me that the doctor saw the string hanging down from her, and s/he thought that was the problem. Had never seen it before.

Reply to
micky

I spent my working years around them. Pivot work is a dead end job but it put food on my table. Being outside is a plus most days. I got to work alone most of the time. Most irrigation in my area was furrow irrigation using gated pipe back in the 1970s. That required ground that was leveled for the water to flow. People had to lay the pipe out each year on the higher end, then open and close the gates as the water reached the low end. Picking up the pipe was another job at the end of the irrigation season. That took a lot of time plus limited what ground could be irrigated. It wasn't all that efficient. Even the old water drives could be used on more uneven ground.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Being a communist HCW, he was probably expecting having no strings attached.

Reply to
FromTheRafters