Window coverings

We have those window blinds that are fabric that you can't see through although they let light in. I know that they have a name, but I'm senile and can't remember. They have the same cord that you use for blinds and we've had them for about 7 years. In two of the rooms of our house, the blind won't stay open anymore. They are the heaviest (biggest) than in all other rooms and probably the two that I use the most often. I'm wondering if there's a way to just fix the cord thing that isn't letting them stay open or if we have to get new ones (I'm the one with the husband that said just get a new washer and dryer- and I'm still waiting for dryer man from 3 weeks ago to return and finish the job.) Husband looked at blinds, couldn't get them to stay open and said, "and they need to be washed too. " Who invented marriage?????

Reply to
help!