Wind chimes

Shame you are so far away. I have an awesome set in the garage I'd give you. I brought from the old house. Deep rich tones, like a church bell. Just not a good spot for them here. Bought them from a local garden shop in CT.
Try some of the garden shops and you can at least hear them before you buy.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
Unlike the clangy, tinkle of metal wind chimes, I enjoy the low, mellow tones of bamboo wind chimes. Here's a few examples:
Reply to
RosemontCrest
This site lets you listen to a possibilities.
I don't know if it lets you group your top ten to test them one right after another.
Reply to
Dean Hoffman
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 05:19:05 -0500, Dean Hoffman snipped-for-privacy@clod.com wrote:
If you have a few hours to kill, Google "make your own wind chimes" and see hundreds of ideas, mostly using stuff you have, can get cheap or even find in a construction dumpster. Bothering the neighbors might be an issue but this isn't a barking dog or a Hells Angels club house.
Reply to
gfretwell
Thomas snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:
Okay, my 2 cents.
I have a screened porch framed in wood. We had a bunch of wind chimes out there. One of them was made of light sheet metal and was hung too close to the wood framing. Before I noticed, the chime had cut a gouge in the wood about 1/4 inch deep.
In normal operation it didn't touch anything. In high wind it did quite a bit of damage.
So, be careful with those things.
Since we installed modern windows I can no longer hear them from inside with the windows closed.
Reply to
Dan Espen
On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 04:24:43 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"
I like the sound of wind chimes...for about 2-3 seconds.
Reply to
Jim Joyce
How presumptuous of you when he didn't specify proximity. Must be a democrat thing.
Reply to
Hawk

Site Timeline Threads