Wind Chimes kind of

Not long ago there was a lot of postings about the good and bads of wind chimes. At the time I had forgotten about what I have set up in my garden ( been to cold to do much ). But yesterday I toured it to make sure the winds hadn't blow eventhing away and I could hear my chimes. But they are not the normal wind chimes, instead, I took pipes that I was turning into poles to tie my strings to that are guilds for anyone walking around the garden. I made holes in them, and at times when the winds blowing, you can sit out there and hear the wind Fluets making their sounds. None are real loud, you have to be out there to hear them, they are a good gadge of how fast the wind is blowing as it takes at lest a 10 to 15mph for them to sound off any at all. But I do enjoy their sounds while working in the summer.

-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR

Telescope Buyers FAQ
of Dahlias Slideshowv1.0 $10.00 for Windows machines. Email: snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com

Reply to
Starlord

Marion Margoshes

mail. They make great wind chimes and the birds love them. MBM

Reply to
Marion Margoshes

They don't last long here in the High Mojave Desert and crows pay no heed to them at all. In our winds here, and the sunlight too, them last maybe about 2 months and after that they're just clear plastic disks and they don't make any sound worthwhile.

I enjoy my wind flutes.

-- "In this universe the night was falling,the shadows were lengthening towards an east that would not know another dawn. But elsewhere the stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and along the path he once had followed, man would one day go again."

Arthur C. Clarke, The City & The Stars

SIAR

Telescope Buyers FAQ
of Dahlias Slideshowv1.0 $10.00 for Windows machines. Email: snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com