Desperate, or I wouldn't advertise -- warning: wind chimes

I received some very nice windchimes as a gift, and I don't *do* windchimes. I haven't had a single bite on these -- no one's even looked at them. Before you click on the link (to an eBay listing), let me tell you thiese are cow-themed. If you don't like cow things, don't bother. They're really quite nice, and doubtless were expensive considering the gift-giver. Brand new -- no chips

Sorry to intrude the ad. I won't do it again, but as I said, I'm desperate.

Frogleg

You are desparate to sell wind chimes? What could they possibly be worth?

Reply to
Fito

Frogleg wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's only been 2 days, don't have a cow (chime). You'll probably have no problem moo I said mooving these items. People will ruminate until their own cows come home before bidding.

Plenty of people have "mad cow disease" and love these things, even if it's an unknown brand. Perhaps someone named Patty will buy it. No bull, I wouldn't steer you wrong, would I?

Personally, I have a beef with eBay, so I won't wrangle with them. They can't have their steak and eat it, too.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Your reply is worth the listing fee. :-)

It hasn't been just 2 days, but 2 days into the 2nd week-long listing. Sigh.

Reply to
Frogleg

I don't know. I am desperate because I decided to get rid of them, and have a box all ready. The combination will free up about 1.5 cubic feet of space in my house, and maybe return enough $$ to list some more saleable items. I'm trying to sort out and get some space around here.

Reply to
Frogleg

I can see why you didn't like them ;)

Jennifer

Reply to
Jennifer Hamilton

Frogleg wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

oh well, my misteak. I had no problems selling stuff, even weird junk, but that was when the economy was better and eBay was less commercial.

Just toss it up in the attic. Maybe one of your inheritors will end up on Antiques Road Show and get rich (by more than $3 hopefully) once somebody figures out who Clarkie is/was.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

I say, "Never under-estimate the value of a good garbage can!" Unless the givers have snooping privileges in your garbage, what's the harm? Ever hear of "secure garbage?" :) Or, alternatively, if you just can't bear to throw it out, make an anonymous donation to a charity shop or save it for the next time you're in a pinch to come up with a "white elephant" gift. BTW - It really is unbelievable how much valueless, manufactured crap we have in the world, while on the other hand, we have so many people who are starving and eating out of garbage cans. Gary

Reply to
Gary

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Gary) in news:ff8337fd.0405062159.53cbf0e6 @posting.google.com:

yeah. btw, would anyone like a couple of used 5 1/4 inch floppies?

Reply to
Gardñ

"Gardñ@Gardñ.info" wrote in news:Xns94E29FAD710A1Gard.info@65.245.115.2:

I still have some myself (SSDD, used though). Broke down and threw most of them out. Don't think there's any chance of recycling ... last I checked (5 years ago), they just burn them for fuel, at least around here.

But you never know (selling junk) ... I sold a dozen issues of the New Zork Times/Status Line (that you get a free subscription for when buying an Infocom game) for $100+. I also sold 3 Infocom games, but didn't get half that for all 3. Back then it was 25 cent listing fee, and I thought I'd list the NZT set to get more exposure (linking it back to the games). Sure glad I didn't just chuck them.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Salty Thumb in news:Lvfnc.51125$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc03.gnilink.net:

?sourceid=navclient&q=%22obscure+technology%22+%7C+%22obsolete+technology%22+museum
still OT, but for other reader's potential amusement :-)

Reply to
Gardñ

Well, according to the label, the cow windchimes aren't manufactured, but hand-crafted from local materials.

Also, while I agree that we all have too much Stuff, refraining from acquistion is not going to feed the hungry. In fact, 'consumerism' drives the US economy -- if everyone bought only what they needed, millions (more) would be jobless. Economics is a very mysterious animal.

Reply to
Frogleg

The message from Frogleg contains these words:

It would save some finite energy reserves, and reduce pollution.

Much of the "stuff" consumed by the western world is often produced at the expense of dismal conditions in the thirdworld; cheap beef, luxury cash crops and designer trainers, to mention a few. Don't fool yourself that excessive consumerism is justified by supporting more jobs in your own country; manufacturing is in vast decline in the western world. Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough..

This is why I said the "science" of economics is a murky subject. There are *always* good arguments on both, or rather every, side of a discussion. More guns doesn't necessarily mean less butter. It might even mean more butter, too. If economic effects were thoroughly understood, the stock market wouldn't be a gamble.

Reply to
Frogleg

Frogleg in news:9t14a0h6v2sckpb68i66sh8b12ut5u7vn0@

4ax.com:

they train the cows to aim at tops of rocks and let the results dry?

Gardñ