Ivy question

I planted english ivy in a shaded area under a tree last spring (northern ohio). It grew great all last season, but this spring it is looking dead. The periwinkle I planted at the same time is coming back in superbly. My question is...should the ivy be back in growing mode by now or is it probly dead?

-kim

Reply to
Kim E.

Since English ivy is evergreen, my guess is it's dead. Are the leaves brownish and dry?

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Yeah, many of them are. It looks like there are new buds getting ready to come out, but nothing has happened. I thought ivy was indestructable!!

-kim

Reply to
Kim E.