Will Toyota's troubles move you to Ford?

I thought Ford was the one who declined federal corn?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

They were. Never let the facts get in the way of good rant.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I think heard that the top of the gas tank was the bottom of the trunk, same piece of metal I took that to mean.

Anyone hear that?

Reply to
mm

Especially when they continue to believe that The United States is a democracy. I laughed so hard at Al Gore because he couldn't bring himself to refer the country as a republic.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

No, that's the Mustang. A little weird but not a problem in practice as far as I know. Not sure what years used that design, but definitely

71-72. (SWMBO's dad has a Mach 1 in the garage with the tank removed, is why I can say that with authority.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

No. It was protruding bolts that would pierce the tank in a rear end collision. 2 friends of mine were killed in one.

Reply to
salty

Can't remember on the Pinto, but MANY vehicles did have that design years back. The flange on the tank sat over the hole in the floor of the trunk and bolted in, forming the rest of the trunk floor. No straps to rust out, easy to get to the fuel sender assembly, and easy to replace.

Reply to
clare

Yeah, the Ford Fusion is a good car. Made in Mexico.

Reply to
Michael B

I really don't care where a car is made, I want a safe reliable vehicle. A good value and good gas mileage is secondary. What I do not comprehend is that Americans buy a vehicle based primarily on appearance--what else kept Chrysler in business?

Reply to
Phisherman

Yup, People kept buying junks and theu kept making junks. All stupid people. fault They just keep changing skins of same junk fooling people. Sorry to say this but all my family vehiclea are Japanese brand.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Well, prior to Iacocca, Chrysler had a reputation as "the engineering company." They had a really good reputation for bulletproofness, the slant six, LA V-8 and RB V-8 all would outlast any comparable product from Ford or Chevy. Unfortunately it all went downhill in the 70s and they never recovered until the introduction of the K-Car.

I'm guessing there are a lot of buyers that still remember the "good old days" and hope against hope that that pentastar on the fender still means what it used to.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I've owned all kinds - and my old 1988 New Yorker was quite possibly the best car I've ever owned. Definitely for the price. Had a 3.0 liter MitsoShitty engine in it that went through 2 sets of cyl heads in 180,000km - one under warranty before I bought it and one at my cost - but was otherwise a totally satisfactory car. I've owned a lot of earlier Chryslers too - all the way from 1953 on up - and currently drive a PT Cruiser. Not a GREAT car, but dependable, and I do like it.

I've also owned Toyotas, Fords, VWs, and GMs, Peugeot, Renault - BMC/Morris, you name it.

Reply to
clare