Why I Switched to Linux.

Well thats the theory anyway. Perhaps we can have a nice stately transition to 64 bit then as opposed to the nightmare that was the 16/32 jump.

Reply to
Phil Da Lick!

I am curious regarding the rhetorical aspects of your nick.: Is Phil Da Lick a corruptation of Phil or Fill Dalek; as in Dr Who & the Daleks; or a stroking motion with the tomgue whilst tasting the subject and depositing a film of saliva on said subject? If the second option; how does Phil or fill come into it. Also, mainly to satisfy ss's curiosity as he reads; what exactly is the subject or target of "Da Lick" or Dalek?

Reply to
Dr Halonfires LesGirl

Its a nickname given to be by my mates. My name happens to Phil, the rest should be blindingly obvious if I mention a conversation I was having with a mate of mine one night whilst pissed :)

Reply to
Phil Da Lick!

You mean you found your face caked in it when you got sober and your mate had a smile on his face?

Reply to
Dr Halonfires LesGirl

No that wouldn't be a conversation, thatd be an embarrassment and grounds of rpumelling his head into the floor.

Reply to
Phil Da Lick!

: "Phil Da Lick!" : No that wouldn't be a conversation, thatd be an embarrassment and grounds of : rpumelling his head into the floor.

"Rpumelling"? Is that one of the Berkeley r-commands; you know, rsh, rcp, rlogin, rpummel? Is there a secure-shell alternative to that; spummel doesn't seem to work on my rh distro.

Just wondering...

Wayne Throop snipped-for-privacy@sheol.org

Wayne Throop

Cause you're dumber than you estimated yourself. This happens. Don't get discouraged. You'll realize soon enough that you're a shit eatin' scavenger who'll byte into anything to satisfy your hunger. As far as I'm concerned, you can keep eatin' this wannabe OS which I consider to be still in the worthless crap stage.

Reply to
Mike Peterman

While restarting Outlook, Mike Peterman grumbled:

We value your opinion. No, really, we do. Now get outa here.

Reply to
Linønut

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:16:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@sskyynet.com blathered and smoked:

What the hell are you on about??

For a second I thought you were an A-Hole-Ler because you did all of the classic A-Hole-L deeds: no context to see what the hell you're responding to, gibberish english, sour attitude, etc. Then I saw what you _really_ posted with and it all became much more comprehensible.

At least you didn't top-post and waste the last brain cell you might still possess.

Reply to
Sinister Midget

For a second there I thought you were responding to me. Spoutchuck Distress must have gotten confused again. If it didn't, and in fact you were responding to me can you explain WTF you are on about?

Reply to
Phil Da Lick!

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, I heard Phil Da Lick! say:

I believe he was simply responding to the subject line, not any actual prior post. At least that is the way I read it, and his response not only made sense, it was hilariously funny, in a clueless-angry-child kind of way. :-D

I thought the 'shit eatin scavenger' bit was particularly brilliant. Yet another troll who has some issues he needs to deal with concerning the GPL, perhaps.

Reply to
T. Max Devlin