Why do you pay for a telephone?

Computers are not necessarily involved, other than the sign-up.

Reply to
HeyBub
[snip]

While ignoring the many people who have a problem with that?

And ignore the large number or annoying callers who ignore the Do Not Call list.

Reply to
Gary H
[snip]

Then you can receive as many annoying calls away from home (cell phone) as you do at home.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

While you need a computer to set it up initially, you don't need a computer to actually use it.

Reply to
SMS

messagenews:ZPJbm.36888$Db2.6873@edtnps83...

He is confusing 'jammer' with the perfectly legal passive shielding some public spaces like theaters and restaurants are installing when redecorating. Metal mesh under the wallpaper, and metallic film on the windows. Makes the place into a Faraday cage.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

messagenews:ZPJbm.36888$Db2.6873@edtnps83...

like

I doubt they do that either. I've flip my phone's ringer off instead of shutting it off and I've yet to see any theater where cell phone coverage vanished inside although I've obviously only been in a few locales.

Reply to
AZ Nomad