I have a fireplace that is missing its ornamental cast-iron surround--the three-sided, right angled thing that goes right next to the hole, overlapping the ornamental tiles that also surround the fireplace. I found a good fit in a salvage place but one of the sides was broken off at the bottom. The missing piece was still available, and fitting it together I saw that 1) it had been broken and welded on from behind at least once before and 2) when you put the pieces together it was an absolutely perfect fit---from three inches away you couldn't see the line of fracture. So I crossed my fingers and bought it at a reduced price. Now I need is someone to marry the pieces and install it. What kind of craftsman would do that, and is there a ballpark figure for the service?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.