who pays for quarantine

When people are quarantined, at an airport upon landing, who pays for that? A friend needs to know.

I haven't heard of anyone complaining about the cost, and if it were even $100/night for 2 weeks, that's $1400. From what I read here, most people don't have an extra $1400, lol. Plus food.

OTOH, I haven't heard the government complaining about the cost either, or heard hotels complaining about money lost.

Reply to
micky

It's always the taxpayer that pays.  Welfare democrats don't pay for anything.

Reply to
Dick Pubes

When it was the cruise ships the cruise line was eating the cost. I am not sure about who is buying the hotels if that is what they are doing but I thought they were putting people up on military bases or just telling them to stay home.

Reply to
gfretwell