Whirlpool refrigerator thermostat

Hi,

I'm trying to buy a replacement thermostat for my Whirlpool refrigerator from my local Sears repair store. They don't seem to have the exact part in stock. What they do have is a package that's labelled as a universal replacement thermostat.

Do you think I can use that replacement part instead of the original manufacturer recommended part?

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
mksanny