Whirlpool Electric Dryer - No Heat

Thanks ahead to the appliance repair gurus!

Problem: Electric Dryer - No Heat Make: Whirlpool Model#: LE5650XMW2

Troubleshooting steps taken:

  1. Replaced heating element and thermal fuse.
  2. Checked ventilation and dryer is venting fine.

I noticed a sticker on the back of the dryer saying that if thermal cutoff is open, then replace. I removed the thermal cutoff and tested with ohmmeter and it's closed. I did notice that the thermal cutoff part had a slight "rattle" when shaken - don't know if this is normal or not. Where to go from here? Everything else works fine, motor spins, timer works, etc.

Thanks much!

Reply to
wxtornado

Take your meter and measure voltage Line-to-Line at the dryer. Do this with the machine running and set for Heat. Should measure 240V. If you read something else (like ZERO), the breaker/fuse is probably open on one side.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Hi,

A copy:

Q - My electric dryer runs but will not heat, what could stop my dryer from heating ?

A - Things that could stop a electric dryer from heating:

- house fuse or breaker ( needs 2! )... - heating element ... - burnt wire ... - thermostats ... thermal fuse ( not all models )... - motor heat switch ... - timer ... - selector switch ... - burnt power cord/plug ...

A ohm meter test for these parts is here...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid