Which side to install garbage disposal

I just bought a new double sink. One side of the sink is deep and wide, and the other side is shallow and small. Which side to I install the garbage disposal on?

Reply to
Aaron

Your sink your choice. I would put it on the small side

Reply to
SQLit

The height of the drain stub out may be an issue. That is the second rule of plumbing. Stuff don't flow up hill.

Reply to
Greg

As already said your sink your choice but generally the shallow sink is considered to be the "prep sink" and more likely to need the disposal for the scraps and peelings.

Reply to
Colbyt

And the first rule is, "Don't leave the job location without getting paid..."

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

The shallow side is designed for the disposal, but scraps are always in the deeper section and need to be moved.

I always used the deeper section until I got a full double sink

Space under the sink is a primary consideration, tho

Reply to
Brynk

JMO, but the main sink. You rinse the dirty dishes in the large sink then all the food waste goes in that disposer.

JennP.

Reply to
JennP

Interesting. I use the little sink for rinsing with clear water so it doesn't fill up my soapy water in the larger sink.

JennP.

Reply to
JennP