Which oscillating multi-function tool to buy?

Besides the multi-tool I picked up a flat pry bar and a pack of the LED flashlights while I was there. Think I got a cheap drill set too. There's a HF not too far from me. Only time I was there. Did look like they had a lot of junk there. I avoided it. I don't need many tools. Got most of them already. My son is a heavy truck suspension mechanic and goes there pretty often. Sometimes he'll spend big bucks for a Snap-on or Matco because it's exactly what he needs now and the truck is right there. But he laughs at over a hundred for a Snap-on wrecking bar when he can get a non-shiny one for 15 bucks at HF. They all break the same.

Cheap Chinese hand and power tools are here to stay. Fight it if you want. Just remember when you feel good about buying that Craftsman, DeWalt, Makita, etc, etc, the feeling goes away when see "Made in China" somewhere on the box. Watch for the "Made on China" mark on Snap-on too.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Just think when the day comes that your children tell their teachers that they were born as the result of a defective condom made in China. Who knows, they might even do a "show and tell" showing pictures of the condoms (cut from magazine ads), and telling the class how they fail.

Reply to
mister-muster

" 'Til this day I have the hat!"

Reply to