which floor finish is better?

Hi,

I got two comparable quotes for floors in my house. My house is a 70 year old colonial with antique red oak floors.

There is one big difference. One company uses

1 coat of Emulsion followed by 3 coats of StreetShoe (by basic coatings)
the other company uses

2 coats of Absco Polyurethane A

I hear that oil is better, but the other guy uses 4 coats.

Thank you so much in advance!

Sam

Reply to
Sam Takoy

ttp://

4 coats is better 2 just isnt enough since the first coat sinks in, even the second coat doesnt lay on top fully. Oil Poly yellows , water base doesnt, who says oil is better, ive seen 2 coat jobs and they look bad and wont last but a few years.
Reply to
ransley

So tell the second guy to put on four coats.

Reply to
HeyBub