Where to buy fireplace surround

Hi:

I think thats what there called. Its the metal cover with mesh that covers the fireplace. Very decorative. Any deals out there? I have some odd sizes so it has to be custom built.

Thanks

Reply to
SEPrince1

I suggest you call it a fireplace screen. The surround is something else.

Try your local fireplace shops or chimney sweeps.. They should know someone who can take care of it for you.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I used to work in a hardware store, now long closed, that sold the screens seasonally. IIRC the brand we used when a custom size was required was Portland Willamette

they have a dealer locator on their site. I would start there.

Now - why do you need a custom size??? Most screens go in front of the opening and are made to cover a range of sizes.

The custom ones we did were scribed to the inside of openings. We would make a cardboard template, cut to fit, then trace that to a luan plywood template and then trim that up to fit. This was then used as a template to make the custom door. These were VERY custom doors and prices accordingly IIRC.

Reply to
Brikp