Where to buy a 90 degree Drill Bit

I'm doing some maintenance on my electrical system. I purchased a special L90 box, which is required by code to install a foundation level outlet. I went to an electrical supply store to purchase this box. The clerk told me that I must purchase a 90 degree drill bit, which he explained as a standard drill bit with a 90 degree bend in it. He told me these can be purchased at most hardware stores. The instructions that came with the box shows a detailed drawing of these bits. They are basically just a standard bit but they have a 90 degree bend in the middle of them so they will drill around corners.

I spent most of the day going from hardware store to hardware store. No one carries them. I even called Sears and Snap On Tools. No one has them. Where can I buy them?

Thanks

Jerry

Reply to
jysullivan

Jerry-

The clerk gave you the wrong name....go back to the hardware store and ask for an "outside corner bit".

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

shoom!

Right over your head. Look at the date, Mr. Wizbang.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

.:\\:/:. +-------------------+ .:\\:\\:/:/:. | PLEASE DO NOT | :.:\\:\\:/:/:.: | FEED THE TROLLS | :=.' - - '.=: | | '=(\\ 9 9 /)=' | Thank you, | ( (_) ) | Jeff | /`-vvv-'\\ +-------------------+ / \\ | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\\ \\ | | @@@ /_// /^\\ \\\\_\\ @x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW~~~~>

\\||||/ | | \\| __\\,,\\ /,,/__ \\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______) /\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\//\\/\\\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\/\\

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Harbor Freight. Most of their shit is so bad, it might as well be bent 90 degrees. ;-)

Reply to
Larry Bud

On 04/02/08 06:55 pm Jeff Wisnia wrote (in his sig. line):

"The speed of light is 1.8*1012 furlongs per fortnight."

So what's that in perches per sennight?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Damn!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Same place they sell right angle screwdrivers and sky hooks.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

Look in the board stretcher aisle.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Buy them from here...

Type SB-600 drill (See picture at site)

Machine drilling in material with a combination of wood and metal is possible by using extra long bendable drills made of high speed steel. It is useful in corners and in tight positions, i.e. when installing electric, television, alarm and plumming equipment.

Type of drill Bore Shaft diameter Total length SB 8-600 8 mm 5 mm bendable 600 mm SB 10-600 10 mm 6 mm bendable 600 mm SB 12-600 12 mm 6 mm bendable 600 mm SB 14-600 14 mm 8 mm bendable 600 mm SB 16-600 16 mm 8 mm bendable 600 mm SB 18-600 18 mm 8 mm bendable 600 mm SB 20-600 20 mm 8 mm bendable 600 mm

The material of the shaft is spring steel.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You'd have to tell me which "perch" to use, from what I know, the unit of length known as a perch varied from 10 feet to 25 feet depending on the era and location.

The sennight is easier, it's just one week. I think sennight meant seven days in some language.

Jeff (Declaring a truce.)

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

This guy sells them.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think you misunderstood. You need a left-handed drill bit.

Sold by Snap-On Lefty Tools, among others.

Reply to
mm

I know not to feed trolls or even respond if I think it is a troll. I "got it" about the 90 degree drill bit and the right angle screwdriver you mentioned.

However I don't get the sky hook thing. I think I read a post once about someone that was working on an EE or ME degree and someone told him to get a Skyhook and ....... Don't remember the rest. Is it suppose to be something that lets you hook something to the sky?

My wife will not got to the hardware store anymore since I gave her a list of things to get and one was a left handed hammer. She came home and told me they had them but she didn't know if I needed a metric or standard one.

Thanks RC

Reply to
RC