Where do you dump used transmission fluid in the USA?

Decades ago we would ask for used tyranny fluid (preferably red) to coat and preserve aging board fences. Wonderful product

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Decades ago we would not have even thought to wear gloves when we applied it... Of course, it would be a little more difficult to manage your cigarette.

Reply to
Bill

Yes. I remember a plumber doing a repair on a pipe at work. He was tearing off the asbestos insulation with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Send it to Al Gore.

Reply to
joe

How about brake shops back in the day blowing off brakes with an air hose, dust flying everywhere, with no dust masks or containment.

Reply to
trader_4

trader_4 posted for all of us...

Cough, cough, cough - it is just allergies.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I very quickly adopted the use of a water hose instead of an air hose - -- wash them down and squeegee the evidence down the drain where the dust was caught by the oil in the grease trap - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

In public school we used asbestos and plaster of paris in art class

- - - as a "modelling clay"

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I had an uncle who worked for Marshall Eclipse, aka the Marshall Asbestos Corporation when Bendix bought it. He died of allergies...

Reply to
rbowman

We've got some sweet real estate deals in a very scenic part of the state:

rbowman

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

I saw someone do that and caught on. I am dumb but I when a dust is created one does some alternative thinking.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

I don't remember the asbestos part but we used plaster of paris. Never thought about it... Asbestos is part of talc.

Reply to
Tekkie®

rbowman posted for all of us...

Can they just pave it with drilling mud?

Reply to
Tekkie®

SOME talc contains asbestos. Talc and Asbestos are 2 very different products, but Talc and Asbestos are often found very close toeach other, and some talc mined is contaminated with Asbestos

Reply to
Clare Snyder