Where can this soft silicone kitchen utensil be bought?

The kitchen needs a new one... Good Cook brand it seems.

Where can this soft silicone kitchen utensil be bought?

Reply to
Indira

Any chance you could use a spatula, instead. They seem pretty similar and are much easier to get.

Or try

which sells your brand of spatula. Maybe they know where to get the knife too.

Or write to the company, at

Or search ebay and make it a saved search and when they get something that matches, they will email you. Matches or is sort of close. I went years and maybe 15 things before they had something very much like what I wanted.

Reply to
micky

No need to buy, you can find them readily available at the rubbish dump which is where they end up soon after people find out how useless they are.

Reply to
Xeno

Indira wrote on 3/8/2024 7:20 PM:

This is exactly the item:

invalid unparseable

It is a spatula:

It appears to be a silicone version of the classic icing spatula.

Judging by the crack displayed in the picture "she" posted, Indira has been exceeding either its strength or heat capabilities. Or both.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I was hoping no one would notice what I said. I thought it was a knife.

Didn't realize that was a crack either.

Reply to
micky

It's pretty specialized. Unless you're a cake decorator (or a big ol' food nerd) you might not realize that right off the bat.

It might be a cut. Which you're not supposed to do to silicone utensils, either. But it looks like that might be where the inner reinforcing element ends. It also has a chunk out of the "spine" near the tip.

You could use it for spreading mayo on a sandwich and dredging the last bit out of the mayo jar.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Yes, afaik all spatulas look like my monther's spatula, with a narrow stick-type handle and a wider cream-colored rubber spat. AFAIK all others are interlopers, and probably Communist.

A "mayoula"

Reply to
micky

That's my least favorite style. Crud gets into the hole where the handle goes.

I don't care about a spatula's politics. I care about its function.

And, I take it you don't own a spatula, since you referred to your mother's spatula.

It's not limited to that, of course. Just this morning I used a spatula to get the last of the yogurt out of a quart tub.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Thanks everyone. I ordered two of them. One for me and my newly married son (whose wife needs cooking utensils and, if you ask me, cooking skills too).

Indira

Communist spatulas can infect your food, and your mind.

I probably do. Even before my mother died, I had a party, and one girl commented at the end that my drawer of kitchen tools was amazingly full.

And when my mother died, whatever she had that I didn't have one of, I kept. ,,,

a yogula.

Reply to
micky

cshenk

I came up with longer lasting one piece affair.

Reply to
cshenk

I have actually own one of those. I don't like it.

There are other alternatives:

invalid unparseable

You never mentioned what you really use it for. What do you do with that thing?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

So this is what you do with it. That's why you need something stiff for scraping.

Normal silicone spatula won't do because it is too soft, and that's why you need that silicone knife.

I would suggest you try something made out of bamboo. Bamboo utensils are very stiff, but won't scratch glass, metal, no-stick and plastic surfaces.

This one should be ideal for your application:

Or this as a set:

I suggest you use borosilicate glass containers. Boroscilicate glass is the kind of glass in Pyrex cookware. It can withstand abrupt temperature change. Won't crack even if you splash cold tap water into it when it is still very hot. Will last forever if you don't drop it on hard surface. Normally borosilicate glassware are thick and heavy.

invalid unparseable

Thank you so much. I finally grasp your point.

Reply to
micky

On 09 Mar 2024 19:35:23 GMT, Cindy Hamilton posted for all of us to digest...

His spatula is his tongue. Don't give him the knife shaped one as he thinks his cooking is a Shakespearean tragedy and fall on his "sword"

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz