What would you do?

Heh! There's a lot of truth to the notion that God created kitty-cats so man could pet the tiger.

Reply to
HeyBub

"SteveB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

Cow tipping can be very unhealthy.

Reply to
Red Green

I'm sure there were once some, but the herd got culled long ago.

Reply to
HeyBub

"SteveB" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.infowest.com:

Yea, you don't need a permit.

Reply to
Red Green

I have Utah, Nevada and Florida CCF permits. With reciprocity, that totals a lot of states. Yet, Vermont has the best CCF laws in the US bar none. And it's all based on common sense, something seriously lacking in today's world.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

My neighbor came over to ask me, if I could be a little more quiet when I come home. Apparently, he doesn't like the sound of my vehicle coming up the drive, or the garage door opening and closing. I get home about 3 in the morning, I drive a car with a quiet muffler, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my garage door!

--------------------------------------

I would put a load set of mufflers on my motorcycle, turn up the radio and set outside drinking beer !! Then invite him & his old lady over for a party, you might get lucky. LOL

in the bonds of the old south

Michael Lane Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather, skid in sideways, throttle in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO , WHAT A RIDE "

Reply to
just a private

start drinking 3 hours earlier and come home at midnight.lucas

ds549

nfowest.com:

That is not unique to VT. Many people do not know that even in many CCW permit states that carrying a weapon _openly_ is legal. It is in WA, It is in ID - in fact last year or the year before in ID a couple HS students strapped on hoglegs and wore them every where. Shocked people to find out they couldn't do anything about it. I don't recall if they tried wearing them on school grounds.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

:My neighbor came over to ask me, if I could be a little more quiet when I :come home. Apparently, he doesn't like the sound of my vehicle coming up :the drive, or the garage door opening and closing. I get home about 3 in :the morning, I drive a car with a quiet muffler, and there's absolutely :nothing wrong with my garage door! : :This coming from a guy with a stack of lawnmowers in his back yard, tarps :all over the place, plywood laying around. Basically, he has a dump! I know :one of the neighbors called the city on him. : :Besides holding myself back from punching this idiot in the face, I'm about :to join the rest of the neighbors, in an effort to run this jerk out of :town. : :What would you do?

Honestly, I wouldn't punch him out. In fact I wouldn't act angry with him. I'd just tell him that "yeah, at 3:00 in the morning it's a good idea to not make much noise" and that you will try to do that. You say you already do that, so what skin is it off your ass to say that? He's within his rights to ask you. You think he's being a jerk or showing the crevices in his brain by asking you, and so be it. You won't solve either of your problems by going off on the guy about this.

Reply to
man

Or, instead of "I understand", how about "I feel your pain" ?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yes, and did you see the brief interview with the idiot from the Humane Society, describing cougars as "meek, gentle, timid" creatures? She claimed that there hasn't been a case of a cougar attacking a human in "over a hundred years".

What a moron.

Reply to
Doug Miller

And your posts are the best evidence of that. If you ever acted, even once, as you have stupidly advised the OP to do, you'd lose all three of those CCF permits.

If in fact you even have them.

Reply to
Doug Miller

yep.

The Police Chief (??) was right, Had someone been injured; and the police had not shot the animal, the city would be sued!

Reply to
Oren

Quit trollin and move on

Reply to
ransley

Wow.

So, I just have a couple of questions:

1) did the OP try talking to the guy and explaining his point of view to him in a rational manner? I understand not being able to do so on the spur of the moment, since it's obviously a surprising and obnoxious complaint, but I would recommend popping over and attempting a rational discussion with the guy before pulling a gun on him.

2) What does this have to do with home repair?

Reply to
glen stark

Errm...that wasn't my post. I think you are replying to the same guy I replied to.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

"Doug Miller" wrote

Huh? Telling him to be a man on his own property?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Amen to that. People like him give the 99% of gun owners who are rational and not trying to prove something, a bad name. Real men don't need to talk about how tough they are.

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

A *man* doesn't need to draw a deadly weapon to deal with a neighbor who came over to talk to him about a complaint.

Only a fool draws a deadly weapon in response to a conversation.

And only a complete idiot would publicly advise others to do so; perhaps you'll recognize yourself in this category, but probably you won't.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Calm down, smile and nod, and just ignore the idiot.