What specific tools are GOOD to buy at Harbor Freight?

You must not value your life very much....

Reply to
Bud

Enjiy wasting your money at H.F. they love suckers like you!

PLONK

Reply to
Bud

Your initial HF purchase could have paid 1/3 of the cost of your good helmet.

I always figure if I have to take a gamble with HF tools, I am better off buying a quality tool. If I only plan to use it once, I can buy a quality tool and sell it on ebay or craigslist after I use it. OR rent the tool. almost every city has tool rental places.

BTW: I think those self darkening helmets have batteries in them. Did you check the batteries?

Reply to
Bud

Jack stands are steel. They are not something to be afraid of.

There are far worse things in life to be afraid of than a heavy steel jack stand collapsing on you.

In fact, almost everything in life is more dangerous than that. But, I guess, it could happen.

That would be really bad luck though.

My floor jack is Costco. My jack stands & transmission jack are HF. My ramps are auto parts store. My chocks are from an old Infiniti where they are part of the trunk kit.

That's all you need.

Reply to
Arlen Holder

Do you use an iPhone?

Reply to
Arlen Holder

You do realize everyone else is like me, where adults can figure out what's good and what's not good to buy at HF.

Only you can't figure it out.

Hint: Jack stands are good. Drill bits bad.

Reply to
Arlen Holder

Arlen Holder posted for all of us...

Arlen thanks for posting under the same name. I have never been in their store. I have looked at you tube vids ratings but opinions vary...

Reply to
Tekkie®

You don't care about your privacy? HINT: It's ok if you don't care about privacy ... but it's not OK that I do?

HINT: I never hide who I am in the body of my posts. If you don't know that by now, then you're just plain stupid. Because it's obvious. Any idiot fool (even you) can tell.

If you can't answer the *simple* question below - then you're a child. You prove you're a child every time you post, BTW, Tekkie.

You prove that by the childish things you insinuate (as you did above).

Back on topic... (which is how adults act)...

The net on some stores is that you can't go wrong (e.g., Craftsman, for the most part, or Husquvarna or Stihl or DeWalt or SnapOn, etc.) but you'll be paying through the nose.

The net on other stores is that everything is crap (e.g., the dollar store, for tools anyway, IMHO).

However, the net on Harbor Freight is that it's one of the only brick and mortar stores where you can buy certain inexpensive tools, some of which are "just fine".

For example, if you need tire-changing tools, where do you know of a brick and mortar store that sells them to the general public?

HINT: I'll wager you don't know of a single one.

Being an adult, I *welcome* you *adding adult value* to this conversation, so, I challenge you to answer that question - which will benefit us all.

Question for Tekkie: Q: If you're so smart, what other brick-n-mortar store sells those tools (at a reasonable price)?

Reply to
Arlen Holder

Arlen Holder posted for all of us...

I have you on the hook you shitheel. I answered you politely and you attacked me. Sure sign of bi-polar. I have given you many polite and knowledgeable responses before and you have ignored them. I am the better man but I have decided your are my new pet project. You are not protecting your privacy by nym shifting, if anything it means you are a sneak. If it wasn't for Clare's patience you would have been abandoned a long time ago.

Ace h/w has Crapsman Good mower places have Stihl. DeWalt is like pollen, all over. NAPA has other tools. Other vendors have tools. What is your definition of reasonable?

Why do you lie about fixing 'neighbors' stuff? You are as transparent and stained as the sheets at the $5 a nite motel your boyfriend and you visit.

Reply to
Tekkie®