What Size Angel Grinder to Buy

I want to buy a Angel Grinder, but I see they come in different sizes. What is the most handy or most common size? I want to be able to get the wheels in hardware stores, not have to mail order them.

Reply to
locker77

IMHO, 7" is the "most popular". 4 1/2" is the "most handy". For lighter metal, like up to 1/4" stock, the smaller grinder gets into tighter spaces. If you're working with eye beams, you'll want a larger unit

Reply to
RBM

Depends on what size angel you need to grind on. If it is an archangel, then you may want to go with a 6" sidegrinder and a lot of discs, because they are immortal. If you only have a common angel or a cherub, then the 4" or 4-1/2" would be adequate.

If you have a fallen angel, such as satan, then you are on your own. I have not found anything that will make a dent in those except diamond impregnated discs on a stationary machine, but then the problem is getting the fallen angel to the machine.

:-)

Reply to
Robert Allison

I thought you had to be a licensed ophthalmologist to work on eye beams.

Now I-beams (so called because they look like the capital letter I) might be different. ;-)

Reply to
Reed

When you grind the angels, you should wear eye protection because of the wing and halo fragments can be really sharp :-)

Reply to
Harry

Buster, when you start grinding on Angels, your dues had better be paid, or you're in deep doo doo.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Reed posted for all of us...

That's because he's not using an ANGLE grinder but rather an ANGEL grinder - which is heavenly...

Reply to
Tekkie®