What's the trick to preventing stacked plastic buckets from sticking together?

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:51:30 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A paper towel or two draped over the rims will do the trick for long time storage.

don't have a trick to keep them from sticking, but if you blow down between them with a blow gun and a hundred pounds of pressure on the hose or so, they will slide right apart. (unless they were full of cake icing or something. btdt )
--
Steve Barker
The plastic just sticks to itself if in close contact for a long time.
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 5:26:25 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I have two big recycle containers with holes already there. They are truly stuck. I drag them to the curb every other week. I gave up a few years ago trying to get them apart.
On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 13:03:36 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That does not "prevent" the problem. Sometimes it can solve the problem To prevent the problem, just drape a twine down inside each bucket as you stack them and they cannot develop a vacuum seal.
I have three I keep stacked. They are similar but not identical. Stacked in a certain way they will not stick so I have them numbered 1..2..3 with a permanent marker.
replying to subinsilicon, JV-88 wrote: The stick method seems to work. I drop a shim in each bucket. Shims are various lengths, etc but have a nice variable thickness to them and don't require a lot of maintenance to install. Depending on how many buckets you have and how many you need to store defines the length of the shim. Of course if the shim is not standing upright in the receiving bucket vapor lock may occur. Shark Tank get ready for bucket shim!!
On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 11:44:11 GMT, JV-88

A ball of twine works good. Just loop the twine to the bottom of each bucket before adding the next bucket
On 10/17/2017 8:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Drill a hole in the bottom of them to let air in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
5__ojHb_g
--
RonNNN