What's in your man cave?

Curious what others have in their man cave, if you have one.

I'll start. Got rid of the TV, and have exercise equipment in there along with my iHome/iPod. Also a turtle tank, with one Red Eared Slider.

Reply to
Eddie

Just finished my man cave. Got a 42" LCD with a home theater 5.1 system, and a Blu-ray player.

Leather couch with recliners on each end

Also have a ping-pong table.

Reply to
Mikepier

Rocks- firewood- women to cook for me- T-rex bones.

I'm working on this round disk to help me move stuff around. I think if I can got 4 of them hooked up to this log, the chicks will come running to push me around on the log.

Jim [man caves? really? That's not just sit-com material?]

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Well I had what one (female) realtor called a "man cave." Then I got a woman. She implemented a few changes:

A few rooms repainted, curtains, bedspreads, wall-hangings, fake plants, doilies, candles, incense, new toilets, shades, rearrange the china cabinet, furniture runners, new couch, some reupholstery, new breakfast room table and chairs, paintings, new bath vanities, new end tables, and a few minor re-arrangements

makes the place look like "a woman lives here."

I can still go in the backyard and pee against a tree. At night.

Reply to
HeyBub

How come women feel free to modify your man cave but you don't dare touch their stuff?

Reply to
Frank

Table saw, drill press, router table, planer, jointer, a dozen cordless drills,...

Reply to
krw

Eddie wrote the following:

Stalactites and stalagmites

Reply to
willshak

mine has basic woodworking tools (table saw, router table, etc....) with a 4'x8' workbench, It's a stand-alone 400 sq ft. workshop with air/heat and a 10 gallon jug of water which flows into a clean-up sink (doubles as a urinal), satellite radio and mini-fridge.

Robin

Robin

Reply to
rlz

My electronics workshop (RF signal generator/freq counter/oscilloscope and various meters along with loads of electronic junk for salvaging parts out of, and my regular junk box in a dozen drawers and a couple multi-drawer bins.) And my traveling toolkit, with which I visit family and friends to fix their broken goodies. Have sprung forth to fix the wife's computer four or five times, and ceaselessly tinker with various things to keep them working and sometimes work even better. Most recently fixed my Sandisk Sansa Fuze, which had gone into the process of turning itself off and on, over and over. Currently trying to repair a lawn ornament with solar cell and LED that charges during the day with sunlight and lights up at night (it's a mushroom, with a fairy sitting underneath, and the LED is in the mushroom cap, shining down through a transluscent lense onto the fairy.)

The rest of the room is our library. I have about eighty inches floor-to-ceiling on one wall (with a window in the middle that looks out onto the garden) for all this. :) And it's enough.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

My "man cave" is in the form of a shop, with tools and other sharp and dangerous manly things.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Dirty old man cave?

Reply to
krw

That's a good question.. Looks like a lot of junk and the place needs a good cleaning, even a bad cleaning would help it a lot. Big screen TV.. dogs... computers... tools... old chair, .... a bed....a fan... wall heater... old stereo... flashlights... I see the battery for the riding lawnmower...ketchup, dirty dishes lots of stuff in here. I doubt I could get 100 bucks for it all,excluding the TV and computers, at a yard sale. The dogs like it just the way it is, and so do I. Maybe I'll meet the right woman someday and she will get it cleaned up before she leaves.

Reply to
Fat-Dumb and Happy

Andy replies

Three singing fish mounted on the walls A katana sword on the wall. Two computers -- a desktop and a laptop A recliner chair A sat TV set A radio with a CD player, and CD collection A microwave A shelf with stuff for making coffee A record turntable and records A telephone An "I love me" wall holding various licenses, diplomas, and awards...... An electric bass and amplifier... A ham radio transceiver......

That's about it.......

Andy in Eureka , Texas

Reply to
Andy

A Fisher reciever (with tubes) and related music equipment, my books including ~200 geology texts, my "fine" boards, my computers and related equipment, a huge oak desk, lots of pictures of dogs and family, and my collection of Fine Woodworking.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx
  1. Big screen TVs permanently tuned to NFL, NBA, MBA, and Charles Bronson movies

  1. Barbeque with beef always cookin' on it

  2. Scotch

  1. Power tools

  2. Barbells and dumbbells -- nothing under 300 lbs.

  1. Shooting range

  2. Stripper pole

  1. Stripper

  2. Hello Kitty mural (to keep it real)
Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Frank wrote in news:b25f4d68-cd49-4567-9157- snipped-for-privacy@m15g2000vbk.googlegroups.com:

'Cause if you let them rearrange the Cave, you're more likely to get laid. You mess with their stuff, the opposite may happen. Any more questions?

Reply to
Tegger

My electronic room will be separate, lots of shelves for unfinished business!! computer desk, and a space for the cat.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Just building it. It will have at least 3 tv's for separate programs. Stereo, lots of stereo equipment, bar, wood stove, and home theater audio also. Record player. Wish it big enough for pool and games.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I sent you an email ( I think) :-)

Would love to see them.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

My wife complains that I have taken over the whole house as my cave.

Reply to
gfretwell