What Is Your Star Rating Criteria For Making A Purchase?

Sounds like you have mucho practice on returning stuff to Amazon.
When I had Prime, I discovered I tended to order a lotta stuff I didn't really need. One good thing! Amazon Prime will ship most anything. I ordered something as cheap as $2.35USD and, by dog, it was on my doorstep two days later! ;)
nb
On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 7:28:36 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

My computer at work is on a network that causes websites to think that I am in NYC.
Some of the items on Amazon come up as available for *same day* delivery until I give Amazon the real shipping address. Then I get the Prime 2 Day Guarantee.
On Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 1:50:04 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I can't find it right now, but I read a detailed 1★ review for a pr oduct where the author included 4 bullet points labeled 1-4. It was a well writte n review and clearly explained what the author didn't like.
Further down was another 1★ review, written by a (supposedly) diffe rent author and dated 2 years later. It was a detailed 1★ review where t he author include 2 bullet points labeled 1-2. Those 2 bullet points were word for wo rd the same as bullet points 3 & 4 of the earlier review.
In addition, while not 100% word for word, the opening paragraphs in both reviews were probably 85-90% word for word.
Either the later reviewer was too lazy to write his own review and just use copy/paste from the earlier review or the first reviewer decided to come back and slam the product again, 2 years later.
Then again, maybe the first reviewer forgot that he hated the product and bought it again 2 years later. ;-)
On 3/11/2017 10:18 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I don't consider anything under 4 unless the qty of reviews are under 10. Then I will read them to determine the irrelevant ones as you stated.
Occasionally there is/are reviews where a person(s) provides very precise detail which clearly displays they know what they are talking about. Sometimes I may simply take their word for it and risk a purchase. Overall, the more reviews the better with a 4+ rating is my option.
On 3/11/2017 10:18 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've read that it is best to look at the 3 star reviews. Some of the 5 star people may have an agenda. Some of the 1 star may have a bias, didn't use it properly, got a lemon, or as you said, didn't like the color.
Those who rate things 3 stars <it's said> are usually a bit more critical in their evaluations.
If it is on sale and the reviews are 4 plus look at the dates of the reviews. Batteries included could arrive dead. Both a flashlight from ledlenser and an rca tablet i bought had 4 plus reviews but the items werre old and dead upon arrival. The light was destroyed by an installed leaker and the tab wont hold a charge.