What is the scariest thing in your house?

I thought you were going to tell the one about the wealthy dying man who wanted to take his money with him.

In one version, he called his priest, his doctor, and his lawyer to his bedside. He gave each of them $1,000,000 and asked them to put it in his coffin just before he was buried. At the funeral, each man put an envelope in the coffin. Riding away in a limousine, the priest suddenly broke into tears and confessed that he had only put $750,000 into the envelope because he needed $250,000 for a new baptistery. "Well, since we're confiding in each other," said the doctor, "I only put $500,000 in the envelope because we needed a new machine at the hospital which cost $500,000." The lawyer was aghast. "I'm ashamed of both of you," he exclaimed. "I want it known that when I put my envelope in that coffin, it held my personal check for the full $1,000,000."

In my favorite version, the priest first puts his envelope with $1,000,000 in the coffin. Then the doctor puts his envelope with $1,000,000 in the coffin. The lawyer then picks up the other two envelopes and leaves a check for $3,000,000.

Reply to
Lurfys Maw

The blade, he'll never reach the sink. Might get the little thing caught in the zipper though...

Reply to
Square Peg

Very good. In my original story, it gets even worse. The afflicted client buys an ad in the local shopping newspaper, dresses it up as an obituary for the scummy lawyer. The ad is noticed, and copied, by the county legal newspaper. All manner of confusion ensues.

This, and other wonderful projects, is detailed in the book "Make My Day." This book is a compendium of dirty tricks, some simple, some complicated, but all worthy of being in one's arsenal.

Reply to
HeyBub