I currently have a double bowl kithen sink that I want to replace with
a single bowl. From left to right it measures 33 inches (edge to
edge)and from back to front it measeures 25 inches (edge to edge). The
sink is stainless steel and sits in a granite counter top. Aprox. 1
1/2 inches of the sink all the way around sit on the granite. It has
one handle for hot and cold water and an areator. If you look under
the sink where it is mounted there are what appear to be "rails".
1. How is the sink secured to the granite? It appears that the
"rails" have something to do with it but I cannot tell for sure.
2. From left to right, is this measurement the length or width?
3. From back to front is this measurement length or width?
4. I want the new sink to sit over the granite like the existing sink
does. What is this mounting scheme called?
5. How do I get the existing sink out of the granite counter top?