Kitchen sink replacement

I currently have a double bowl kithen sink that I want to replace with a single bowl. From left to right it measures 33 inches (edge to edge)and from back to front it measeures 25 inches (edge to edge). The sink is stainless steel and sits in a granite counter top. Aprox. 1

1/2 inches of the sink all the way around sit on the granite. It has one handle for hot and cold water and an areator. If you look under the sink where it is mounted there are what appear to be "rails".

  1. How is the sink secured to the granite? It appears that the "rails" have something to do with it but I cannot tell for sure.

  2. From left to right, is this measurement the length or width?

  1. From back to front is this measurement length or width?

  2. I want the new sink to sit over the granite like the existing sink does. What is this mounting scheme called?

  1. How do I get the existing sink out of the granite counter top?

Reply to
Not a plumber for sure

The "rails" are an upside down "U" that hold little clips which are tightened to the mounting surface via little bolts in each clip.

I'd call it "width"

I'd call it "depth".

Drop in

Loosen the bolts tensioning the clips against the granite, swing clips out of the way and lift out sink. The sink will also have putty or caulk under it so you'll have to cut it with a razor blade from the top edge to free it. That may not be easy...cut as deep as you can, wiggle/pry up, cut some more.

Reply to
dadiOH

You've prolly already found the secret out; kitchen sinks come in two sizes. But, you'll need the "drop-in", as noted.

And, the dual-s>> I currently have a double bowl kithen sink that I want to replace with

Reply to
ng_reader