What is a "mailbox house"?

What is a "mailbox house"? Is it simply a small house?

Reply to
Jack W

No, that would be a postage stamp house. I'll be here all week.

Reply to
Al Moran

You mean "Mail-Order House"?

later,

tom

Reply to
Tom The Great

Hi, I was thinking the mail box looking like a house on rural mail route.

30V generator? AC or DC? What's it used for?
Reply to
Tony Hwang

How about a house that IS a mailbox? I've seen one of those around here. The mail carrier pushes letters through a hole in the front door. The mail arrives as a pile on the floor (and you learn that it isn't ALL trash).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Its more likely a small business where another person or business can maintain a proxy mailing address that is not the person's residence or his place of employ. Thus you can live in a dump or in your car. But you will have a street address in some posh district of town to receive your snailmail and parcels.

Reply to
ppp

?

Reply to
MDT at Paragon Home Inspection

Where the %$(" did you find that one?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I don't know for sure, but I would interpet that as one of the starter ranch cookie cutters that were common as dirt a few decades ago- a single story ranch with no bumpouts, a single ridge roof, about the proportions of a rural mailbox. Modern equivilant would be a peaked-roof double-wide, aka 'modular' ranch house.

And not all mailboxes were dome-top, by the way. For many years, making the mailbox look like the house with a pitched roof was considered cute. This was to differentiate rural subdivisions from the 'farmer' style mailboxes.

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

I'll return in a week.

:p

Reply to
Tom The Great

Let me re-word that, "How did you find it?"

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Some people are aware of the numerous security problems on the internet, and don't follow a link given with no explanation at all.

Reply to
unknown

This one is safe and it is a photo of an interesting "mailbox house" Hard to describe, but very clear when you see it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I missed part of your first reply. I take it you now know what it means for the the rest, a rough translation is "God be with you" or "God is with you" It is a multipurpose greeting. It can substitute for either hello or goodbye.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

With the exception of being confronted with an offensive image, just what ARE the risks of simply clicking on a link, if any?

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

One is unexpected Java (and ActiveX if you use IE) scripts that install malware on your computer.

Also, someone could be collecting your IP for spam purposes. There seems to be no limit to unethical behavior.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Google: mailbox + house

About the fifth entry down, "Parisian Palace..."

This particular house is in my town (Houston).

"Because of all the junk mail we get..."

Reply to
HeyBub

Why hard to describe? It's a 2 1/2 story sheet metal barrel vault building that looks vaguely like a USPS mailbox.

Reply to
Goedjn