What is a good web site for a 20-mile (selectable distance) circle from any given zip code?

The best I can find is this map & selectable circle...

It's not intended to be a specific circle around a given location which is why I ask if you know of a good site to specify any USA zip code and then a distance in miles and it will draw that radius circle on a map for you.

I'm constantly trying to find home-repair parts and materials where I'm new to the area and therefore it would be nice to be able to have this map circle.

What map circle web sites do you know of that can do that for me?

Reply to
Frankie

What about using the maps or driving app on your phone? Search for whatever and let the phone give you driving directions. A search for hardware stores on my phone will show the closest ones and give me directions if I needed them.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

You didn't say whether you were using a phone but since you put the Windows group on for your home repair parts, you're probably using Windows Firefox.

For that, you can try this map which will draw a series of circles for you.

But given your need is universal, there are probably better circle sites.

Reply to
Mickey D

Probably not quite what you want but go to maps.google.com and search for the area you are interested in. Center the area.

Right click with the cursor at the selected point and pick 'Measure Distance' from the menu. That will put a point on the map. Click anyplace else and you will have another point. Drag it until the scale shows 20 miles or the popup shows a total distance of 20 miles.

Drag the point around in a circle trying to stay close to 20 miles. It's not going to draw a circle on the map but you can get a good idea of what is within a 20 mile radius.

Reply to
rbowman

There's always yelp.com :

Or you can let UPS deliver it. mscdirect.com mcmaster.com alro.com

Reply to
JRB Ware