What is a good way to move compacted dirt?

I have a 3 foot high planter with about 20 yards of compacted dirt in it. Its really compacted. I went at it with a jack hammer and my 7 hp tiller and moved about 3 yards of it in the hot sun. I want to remove the dirt on the planter and spread it around evenly around the yard but at this rate it will take about 7 days assuming if I don't die in the heat.

I guess I need to rent a Bobcat.

Reply to
** Frank **

Or dynamite.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Soaking it thoroughly will loosen things up. And make them heavier.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Teenagers. School's out for summer.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Warner

Lotsa luck finding one interested in outdoor work, these days, most towns. (and given our sue-happy world, I'd almost be scared to hire casual labor like that, especially a kid, any more.)

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Me a teen? I was a teen back in the early 70's.

But thanks for you reply, you answered the OP with as much useful info as I did even though you have no sense of humor.

Reply to
Meat Plow

tear apart planter first. dirt will collapse easier.

been there done this twice:)

Reply to
hallerb