What height is your flat screen TV?

The way I've always used the line was...

It's only temporary...unless it works.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Recycling center here takes them in for $0.05/lb. Well worth it. They also take in unused paint and give the paint away...bargain, if you find what you need. I have about a ton of ceramic tile in my basement, left by the previous owner. Will call Habitat one of these days.

Speaking of TV, I missed the CNN special about Santa and race last night. Hope nobody gets too riled about Santa. I miss Anthony Bourdain; one of the best TV programs, along with How It's Made. I may hold a record for having never watched the greatest number of TV series, starting with Dallas.

Reply to
Norminn

Much the same, in NYS. No one including Goodwill ABVI wants CRT or old style TV. They even put up a big sign at ABVI, not accepting old televisions. But the copper scavengers love the big coil.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I spent almost a month in the hospital this year and watched more TV than I have in years. I watch most things on my computer on my own schedule. To me, it's silly to live one's life around the timetable of a particular TV show. My roommate is a football freak and that's what the big screen TV is used for the most. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The scrappers are more polite here. They take the whole thing, whatever it is and break it down somewhere else. They are very diligent about getting things that have a little metal in them tho. I try to cooperate with them, segregating things I know they will take from my regular trash. As long as they stay polite about it, I respect their attempt to scratch out a living.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hi, We take them to recycle depot nearby along with some donation item for food bank. Any electronics stuff they take in. Once I bought a pair of

2GB SCSI HDD for 20 bucks. They sell salvaged item too.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

We have a DVR and watch on our terms. About the only thing we watch in real time is the 6 o'clock news. Zip through the commercials and watch an hour show in 40 minutes.

I don't watch football so no problem there.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

For shows like the news or something else that is "live" when we want to watch it, we'll often turn the cable box on at the beginning of the show, press pause, and then go walk the dogs, do the dishes, fool around...errrr...I mean...stroll around, and then go back and watch it, fast forwarding through the commercials. If we time it right, we usually catch up with the end of the show just as it's ending without have watched any commercials.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I watch TV shows all the time on one of my computers because the sites I go to for the shows stream them without commercials so the hour long shows are are only 45 minutes long. A lot of the sites have the show the next day and all the shows are available. I can watch a lot of older shows because the whole series will be on the site. A while back, I finished up watching the whole 7 years of Star Trek The Next Generation and was amused because the science fiction items they are using back when the series was produced are science fact today. If you've ever watched the shows you will see tablet computers everywhere. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Best Buy will take them. I dropped off 3 when I got HD TV's. Perfectly good working TV's.

Reply to
Frank

Captain Kirk sez "Computer........................"

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Wrong captain. ^_^

TDD