What height is your flat screen TV?

Hi, New ones are so light and thin those days are over maybe. But little toddlers can get hurt.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I've been extremely nearsighted all my life and when I was about to start first grade, I was taken to the optometrist to get my eyes checked. When I got my eyeglasses, I looked around and said, "Wow, so that's where all that noise is coming from!" I recall something about me being -8 in one eye and -9 in the other. I got new eyeglasses this year and along with the eye exam, the two pair cost $1,100.00. One for siting in front of the computer and a pair of varifocal glasses for walking and driving in the real world. The retina of my right developed dead spots which is rough because my right eye was my best eye. I can't watch a 3D movie because of it so it's best for me to be up close to see a video. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

clipped

Our living room gets most use when kids and grandkids visit....there are no "tots" in the group...and TV is secondary. It is more likely someone will find a video on a tablet or phone to share then. One consideration is the layout and traffic pattern of the LR, and the other is that I like to rearrange the LR now and then. The LR is long, with front door on one long side and archway to DR on the other long wall, so those complicate it. Other than preferring to have pictures hanging on the wall, once in place we are stuck with a wall-hung TV unless we want to patch and repaint or? We have a smaller TV in guest bedroom and plan to make a "man cave" (girls allowed) in the basement....area for TV, board games, etc. We acquired five step-grandkids last year, so our family has growth spurts of rather large people to fit into our home :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Since CNN has dumbed down and sexed up, my news-junkie time is now free. CNN has one or two decent journalists, and the best of their former staff are scattered in places like the Today show. All news programs now, unless I've missed one, have a blonde in a red dress on their morning program schedules. And Charlie Rose can't last forever, unfortunately ;o)

Reply to
Norminn

Next year, they will all be free! After the four year waiting list, of course.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think all flat screens should have warning labels. "DO NOT LIFT FROM BOTTOM WITH ONE ARM" Manufacturers should be required to put handles on the top and have cushions if they fall over. In addition, every set ever made should be recalled and retrofitted with these important safety devices. Its for the children.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news:EvydndAD15VivTLPnZ2dnUVZ_t- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Well yes, your mind would find a lot of that trash informative and broadening.

Reply to
JoeBro

So, you are not a snob, just an asshole. If some of the nature or history series on History are trash, you are well beyond snobbery.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

One of my favorite things to watch is a little program called "How It's Made." When I go to the porcelain waste disposal throne, I watch it on my 7" tablet. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I?ve been watching Al Jazeera for the past few months and haven?t caugh t them in any bias yet.

Reply to
recyclebinned

We have another candidate for Zenni Optical.

Reply to
Frank

I think you are right. If it is too low for her, get her a high chair.

Reply to
Frank

Once you go flat, you won't go back. Nobody wants a CRT any more. Put one out for the Cancer Society pickup and they would not take it.

Reply to
Frank

Mine is higher. The bottom of the TV is at the height of my head when I'm sitting down to watch TV. I didn't plan it that way. That's the height of the old record cabinet I'm using as a TV stand. I think lower (as you say) would be worse (especially with a big cat in my lap).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Mine is higher. The bottom of the TV is at the height of my head when I'm sitting down to watch TV. I didn't plan it that way. That's the height of the old record cabinet I'm using as a TV stand. I think lower (as you say) would be worse (especially with a big cat in my lap).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

There is a show called Mystery Detectives. I forget which channel it's on. They investigate unsolved murders. It's amazing how one little clue can catch a murderer after a bunch of years. The Sing Off is starting again tonight. That isn't bad to watch. There are usually a couple good lookin' women in the groups. NBC, I think.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A local mechanic claims there is nothing more permanent than temporary.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Mine ended up at the height suggested above purely by accident. The stand I bought for it put it at that height. I chose the stand because it was on sale and I'm cheap, er, frugal.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Give "Russia Today", the English version a try. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Around here if you put an old CRT of any kind out on the curb, within 5 minutes, metal scavengers have smashed it to get the copper deflection coil. The problem is that fact that the scavengers are like bears, they make a big mess spreading debris all over the side of the street. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas