What glue for foarm rubber

What glue should I use to reglue a foam rubber bolster? I use it to lean against when I'm reading in bed.

I'm thinking that Weldwood Contact Cement would be good, but I don't want to find out I'm wrong and I've made things worse.

Thanks

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

What are you gluing the foarm rubber to, the backboard?

Reply to
Roger

Agreed. Works for me.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

----------- Check out this site

Abe

If it has come undone, it may be getting old and the foam deteriorating. If so there is little that will help. You will need to replace the foam.

Your idea may be good however and it should be worth a try. I have used spray glue (photo mount) with some success as long as the foam is not too old.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

On 1/22/2005 12:18 AM US(ET), meirman took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Elmer's makes a 'Spray Adhesive' (that's the name), includes Foam as one of the materials it will adhere to.

Reply to
willshak

Be careful, many glues will attack foams and dissolve them. Test it.

3M 77 is a spray adhesive made for foams and can be bought at Home Depot.

As someone else mentioned if the foam is starting to deteriorating (the surface gets a little crumbly or dusty feeling), replace the foam.

Reply to
Mike

----------- Check out this site

Abe