What does "BOC" stand for?

This may be a bit OT but it bugs me because I can't find a definite answer by Googling. I figure someone in this group will know.

I've seen large tanker trucks with the label "BOC Gases" on them. What is BOC? The best possibility I can find is butyloxycarbonyl. Is that it?

Reply to
Ron

It is a company name.

The following is from

Fundamental to life itself, oxygen has become indispensable to the way we live. And in the 114 years since Arthur and Leon established Brin's Oxygen Company Ltd, or BOC - as it went on to become - oxygen has played a leading role. Serving two million customers in more than 50 countries, The BOC Group is one of the largest and certainly the most global of the world's leading gases companies. It employs nearly 43,000 people and had annual sales of nearly £3.9 billion in 2000.

Reply to
brisket smoker

On 12/12/2004 6:32 AM US(ET), Ron took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

BOC is also the name of a worldwide consortium of companies that supply specific gases used in industrial production. If you see many of the trucks, there may be a BOC plant nearby, or a customer that uses the gases.

willshak

Blue Oyster Cult....

Reply to
MyDixieWrecked

It used to be "British Oxygen Company," but I think its official name is now just "BOC."

Perce

On 12/12/04 06:32 am Ron tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

"MyDixieWrecked" wrote

Home in the valley Home in the city Home isn't pretty Ain't no home for me

Home in the darkness Home on the highway Home isn't my way Home will never be

Burn out the day Burn out the night I can't see no reason to put up a fight I'm living for giving the devil his due

And I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning dog doo I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning dog doo

Time is the essence Time is the season Time ain't no reason Got no time to slow

Time everlasting Time to play besides Time ain't on my side Time I'll never know

Burn out the day Burn out the night I'm not the one to tell you what's wrong or what's right I've seen signs of what (freezing their eyes) went through

Well I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning dog doo I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning dog doo

Burn out the day Burn out the night I can't see no reason to put up a fight I'm living for giving the devil his due

And I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning dog doo [repeat]

Reply to
Red Neckerson

[...]

*LOL*
Reply to