Repair chrome top?

Get a new ccok top.

Reply to
m Ransley

I made the mistake of leaving a spill of key lime juice on a chrome stove top. later when I cleaned it up I found that the juice had eaten through the chrome and pitted the base metal (irregular 6 in. circle). Is this repairable or is it time to call Ge (15 year old unit) or start calling the junk/used places around town? stan

Reply to
Uriah Heep

A new COOK top would be even better...

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

sometimes it is possible to camouflage a spoiled area with something like decorative ceramic tile or decorative magnets or whatever. Use a little imagination. "It's supposed to look that way". Maybe it will even look better than before.

Reply to
Walter R.

I would sue the key lime manufacturer. You could call GE but they will not have the part.

Reply to
Art

See if you can get a replacement made of stainless steel.

Reply to
scott_z500