What do you call the switch that works by sensing something else starting.

I've seen them, it looks like a wall adapter with an electrical cord coming out of it. In action, the item hooked between the wall and the appliance starts up at the same time as the appliance or load.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

The one I saw was in an old stereo phonograph, to turn on the amplifier with the turntable.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

They make them to turn on a dust collector automatically when, say, a table saw is turned on.

Look here:

Ask over in rec.woodworking if you want more examples.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Thats the ticket, thanks Paul

here:

Eric in North TX

here:

There's gotta be more inside that one than just a current relay to get that seven second delay.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Oh that's nothing.

Few people know this, but when one camera gets another in-picture, the effect

*multiplies*!

You can get 100 pounds with only two cameras. If you're unlucky enough to have

3 cameras, that's 1000 pounds.

EL

here:

Eric

here:

Then don't eat any cameras :-)

Reply to
Harry

My local Sears store carries the gadget. It's designed to turn on the light and the vacuum when you start a saw. But that's just the packaging that Sears provides. It could just as well turn off a printer when you turn off the computer (assuming the power supply doesn't draw too much juice in standby.)

Reply to
<nni/gilmer

Current sensing relay. HVAC guys use them sometimes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon