what cell phone for under $ 130

Yes, but it's supposed to show up before that. It said two weeks after you purchase it. So, we'll see. I'll check in a couple weeks.

You can delete many of the apps you don't want and get rid of it. There are some that wind up on these phones from either the manufacturer or the cell phone companies that sell them, that you can't get rid of. We call that bloatware. Facebook is an example. It's on my load and it can't be removed, but it's not doing anything but sit there. It does get updated frequently though, like most apps. If you were doing that using plan data, it would be wasting data for nothing.

My land line phone is by

Reply to
trader_4

So far it hasn't. Not to blame the Mint people. I sent off for a 3 month trial and the Fedex package with the sim card came from California in about 2 or 3 days. Not bad as I am in NC on the other side of the US.

Several days before that I had ordered a phone off ebay. It was sent out right away by the tracking. It has been laying around at a post office for the last week that is about 40 miles away.

Maybe I will get it sometime next week. The mail has gone today and it did not show up.

I reminds me of a small package a friend sent to me that was bout 50 miles in the other direction. A small relay about the size of a couple of the Bic butane lighters. Took it about 3 weeks from the time he sent it to get here. I know he gave me the right date he sent it by the post mark on it.

I have 3 other packages to arrive here I bought this week. One from Amazone that was about $ 30 and contained 3 bottles of vitiamins, one from Belks that had 2 boxes of bath powder, and an ebay item that is the size of a usb memory stick. Two packages were left on my porch and the other in the mail box.

Tracking details USPS tracking #9400108205496067440876 Feb 15, 2020

7:05am

Arrived at Post Office CHARLOTTE, NC 28204 Feb 14, 2020

12:00am

In Transit to Next Facility Feb 11, 2020

3:13am

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility MID CAROLINA-CHARLOTTE NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER Feb 7, 2020

4:53pm

USPS in possession of item TROY, MI 48099 Feb 7, 2020

12:06pm
Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Wow, that's the worst I've seen at usps. Figures it would be something that you're anxious to get too. I hope it's not damaged.

Reply to
trader_4

I have had that hapen a couple of times over the years. Most times it is something I want in fast so I can get started.

I had a small package come in to a town 50 miles north, pass by my town and go to Charlotte which is 40 miles south this week. It was ordered off ebay on Monday and arrived Friday . About the same general area of the country the phone is comming from.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

When I was in Zambia back in the 70s I recieved a parcel from home - postmarked 3 days before I got it- by "surface mail" - Elmira Ontario to Livingston Zambia. It took me longer to get there flying Toronto to London to Nairobi to Lusaka to Livingston. Three weeks later I got an airmail letter telling me to expect the package - postmarked 3 days before the package was sent - - - - - The package must have just hit every point at EXACTLY the right time, and the letter must have stuck in the bottom of the mailbag and gotten a few free trips across the Atlantic - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 10:48:27 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Was the phone priority mail or just first class? Either should have been there by now, just curious.

I had an interesting experience on Ebay. I had a small item listed on Ebay and like most things I had been selling up to that point, I set it up for US shipping by me, Ebay Global Shipping if someone outside the US wants to buy it. I just did that for convenience, not wanting to have to deal with intl shipping, which I had no experience with. For those unfamiliar with Ebay GSP, if someone buys it through that, then the seller just sends it to Ebay in Kentucky and they are responsible for forwarding it on to the foreign country.

So, some guy in Canada bought the item. I sent it to Ebay, KY with tracking. They sent it on to Canada. I heard nothing more about this until almost two months later, whereupon the buyer files an item not received with Ebay. So, lots of wasted time for me now. The tracking shows that it got very close to his address in Quebec, then went back to where it entered Canada, where it was "delivered" and nothing else. So, I have to unravel the mystery. I put the zip for the place where it got close, within about

5 miles, in Quebec. And I put in his address. While fiddling with Canadian zips and such, I realized that the zip it was addressed to did not correspond to the zip that one pulls up for his actual address. It was off by one letter. I looked back at Ebay and that was the zip he had for the ship address. For some unknown reason, even though he already had an Ebay account, the dingbat opened a brand new Ebay account and entered the wrong address. And this order was the only thing he apparently bought so far.

So, the next question is what happened? Why didn't it ever get to him? I would have expected someone at the Canadian PO would look at the piece of mail, figure out that it's just the wrong zip, correct it and deliver it. But instead they sent it back. And that leads to the next thing, which is that for Ebay's GSP, there is no return path. Upon further investigation, I learned that Pitney Bowes does this for Ebay. So, what I think happens is PB in Kentucky aggregates whatever is going somewhere and sends it in some bulk fashion, maybe by truck. In this case that someplace is PB facility in Mississawaa (spelling) Canada. It's a one way path. So this item went back via Canada Post Office to that facility just across the border in CA and that's where it probably still is.

So, the next question is, who eats this? We know the right answer, it should be the buyer, he's the one that screwed up. Ebay covers items lost with their GSP program, but only for 30 days past the latest promised delivery date and again, because of his own fault, he's way past that. So, I told him to try pursuing it with Ebay, it's inside PB someplace, maybe they can help him find it. Ebay tells him they can't help him, go to Paypal. So now he opens a case on Paypal too, so now I have that to deal with too. I check out the PP policy and it very clearly says that if the seller has proof of either SENDING it OR proof of the buyer receiving it, that the seller is not responsible for any claims. I figure for sure they will deny this. I respond with my defense:

1 - It's lost because of the wrong zipcode, entered by the buyer 2 - I got it to Ebay GSP, Ebay GSP might have covered this is the buyer had not waited two months before reporting that he never got it. 3 - Paypal policy is that if I have proof it was shipped, I'm not responsible. I have proof it was shipped and received by Ebay GSP 4 - The buyer still had not done what I told him, get a hold of PB in Mississauga Canada and see if they can find it.

About a week later I see an email from PP that starts with "case decided in buyer's favor". WTF? But it went on to say that due to the unusual circumstances, they would not be taking the money back from me. So, apparently PP refunded it out of their pocket. The guy later told me they paid him some amount that didn't cover it all, I think he wound up out at least the shipping portion.

So, I learned from that lesson. I had never thought much about the Ebay GSP thing. Through this I learned there are many huge problems. It's one way, there is no return path. So, if you use it and an intl buyer says either legitimately or fraudulently, that there is something wrong with it, then what? With a US order, it's bad enough. As a seller you will likely have to pay to have it shipped back. But with an intl order, the shipping can be many times what it is here and you can't send it back via Ebay GSP. As an example, I saw stories like a guy sells a pair of $100 sneakers, someone in Japan bought it, then, even though the listing says no returns, the buyer says it's not as described and wants to return it. The buyer expects the seller to just send a return shipping label, like Amazon or similar retailer would do. And with Ebay, you can do that for a US ORDER too, but not for an intl one. So, if you're going to take back that pair of sneakers, what happens? Buyer has to shell out the money, could be $50+ more for the postage and you reimburse them? Buyer isn't going to like that and you're out half of what the item was worth, just to get it back. Send the buyer $50 for the postage? Then the buyer, who you already know is a lying skunk, could keep the extra $50 and the sneakers? Try to cut a deal, offer $25, $40, $50, if that will make them happy and they will keep the sneakers? Thing is there are a small percentage of lying shyster buyers out there and they know how to use all of the above to screw sellers.

Since this episode, if I want to allow intl purchases, I've set it up so that I ship it directly, using USPS, which so far has worked OK. But I only do it with small items that aren't worth very much and if it goes south, it's no big deal. Another thing about Ebay that most people don't realize is that years ago they changed their feedback system. A seller cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer. Only positive feedback or no feedback. Which is totally unfair. There are buyers who are shysters, but if you look at their feedback it will be 100% positive, because there is no way to get a negative. Only sellers can get negative. Fortunately the real shysters on Ebay are a very small percentage, but they are there.

Reply to
trader_4