What can I put over my ceiling that just collapsed in one of my bedrooms?

I have already contacted my insurance company but I don't know what to cover this with until I can get it fixed.

  Go to Blowes or HomeyDepoo and get a roll of plastic (4 mil minimum , 6 preferred) and a staple gun . Don't forget staples for the staple gun .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 13:18:39 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

... a nice cathedral / sky-light concept ?
or perhaps you could describe the situation a little more - plaster ceiling in very old house ? upper floor with attic above ? main floor with living space above ? basement condo bedroom with grow-op above ? ... it's difficult for us to guess at your exact situation. John T.

It doesn't really matter,does it. All she wants to do is cover it. If she doesn't mind seeing the hole she need not cover it at all.
On Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 6:50:19 AM UTC-4, dadiOH wrote:

That or the plastic sheet that Terry suggested. To give decent answers it would help to know more, like why did it fall down and how big? If it fell down because of a roof leak for example, then there are other considerations for even a temporary fix.
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 02 Jun 2018 18:09:21 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Not so, John. It's easy to guess. Hard to guess right. :-)

Nail up a piece of cheap 1/4" plywood?