What can I put over my ceiling that just collapsed in one of my bedrooms?

I have already contacted my insurance company but I don't know what to cover this with until I can get it fixed.

Reply to
reedsissy

  Go to Blowes or HomeyDepoo and get a roll of plastic (4 mil minimum , 6 preferred) and a staple gun . Don't forget staples for the staple gun .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

... a nice cathedral / sky-light concept ?

or perhaps you could describe the situation a little more - plaster ceiling in very old house ? upper floor with attic above ? main floor with living space above ? basement condo bedroom with grow-op above ? ... it's difficult for us to guess at your exact situation. John T.

Reply to
hubops

It doesn't really matter,does it. All she wants to do is cover it. If she doesn't mind seeing the hole she need not cover it at all.

Reply to
dadiOH

Nail up a piece of cheap 1/4" plywood?

Reply to
Larry the Cable Guy

That or the plastic sheet that Terry suggested. To give decent answers it would help to know more, like why did it fall down and how big? If it fell down because of a roof leak for example, then there are other considerations for even a temporary fix.

Reply to
trader_4

Not so, John. It's easy to guess. Hard to guess right. :-)

Reply to
micky