What are the top 25 Repeated Questions?

I'll start :) I've been a mostly-lurker, sometimes-poster here for at least 5 years, and these are the ones I remember seeing repeatedly.

How do I replace chipped/cracked/stained tiles and/or grout?

How do I/how should I replace/reface my kitchen cabinets?

What countertop or flooring materials should I use?

How much should it cost to do x, where x = repave a driveway, remove a dead tree, or replace a roof?

How do I remove wallpaper/how do I fix the messed up walls underneath the wallpaper?

What's the best paint?

-- Jennifer

Reply to
Jennifer

Number one has to be: "neighbor's dog s*****ng on my lawn". Or something along those lines.

Followed by electrical and drywall advice.

Reply to
G Henslee

"Colbyt" wrote in message news:uDTIe.226577$_o.86978@attbi_s71...

Easiest way to figure that out would probably be to View All, and arrange them by subject. I like the idea.

Planning a FAQ or something?

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Any issues delightfully referred to here from alt.hvac

Reply to
Olaf

Air conditioning problems.

Reply to
badgolferman

Paper or Plastic?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

For all the regulars out there.

What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group?

If you don't care to do 25 do what you can.

If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Oil or Latex?

Reply to
Chuck Reti

Is brand X windows any good? This post often goes unanswered.

Reply to
JohnR66

Did I get charged to much? always followed by, What should I do?

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

And I'll add: What is the best roof and how much will it cost? What is the best siding and how much will it cost? What is the best insulation and how much will it cost? What is the best flooring and how much will it cost? My toilet is clogged, how do I fix it? What is the best (refrigerator, washer, dryer, range) My (refrigerator, washer, dryer, range) is making a strange noise My refrigerator is not getting cold Assorted water softener, filtration, reverse osmosis, faucet questions.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Lawnmower won't start/stay running

Reply to
Rick

Good list so far but please add

Three way switch wiring Garage door springs, won't close, etc. Some outlets don't work (gfi) Finding good contractor, handyman. Blocked drain, toilet etc.

Reply to
Charlie Bress

"Colbyt" wrote

How do I Get rid of Roaches, ANTS, Fleas and other creepy insects The Natural Way?

How do I get rid of Mold, Mildew, Fungus? What are great Mildew and other Stain Removal Solutions? How do I Remove grease from driveway and garage floor?

What can I do about Condensation and Sweating Windows? How can I Soundproof Walls? How to Remove Popcorn Ceilings texture or Paint? How do I remove air bubbles from my wallpaper? How do I Waterproof my Basements? How to Install a Ceiling Fan? Garbage disposal Does not work How do I unclog My Septic Tank that's backing up? How to remove a screw with a damaged screw head?

How do I Choose Colors? How do I choose which type of brush should I use? Bristle, Nylon? How do I Paint Interior Wood and Trim? How do I Paint Kitchen Cabinets? How do I Paint Ceramic Tile and Formica?

How to Remove formica from a countertop? How do I Paint Exterior Wood-Oil vs Latex? How do I properly vent clothes dryer? How do I Paint or Wallpaper Wood Paneling? How do I Paint over Wallpaper? How do I Repair or Replace Damaged siding? How do I Prepare rusty surfaces for painting?

25 questions you can try to answer.
Reply to
Sam Nickaby

:) For all the regulars out there. :) :) What are the top 25 most repeated questions for this group? :) :) If you don't care to do 25 do what you can. :) :) If I get enough responses I will try to summarize the results. :) :) Colbyt :) The top question would be found in the answers of any thread...someone will always ask the poster along the line of "Have you searched google?"

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!

Lar

Great list of questions.

I will add:

  • What size A/C do I need. I have a really big house and how much will it cost (with no information about the size of the home, where it is located, age, etc.
  • Short life light bulbs
  • Do I really need to ..... (any of a long list of electrical or building codes) ?
  • Can I just paint something on the walls to stop basement leaks?
  • What battery operated sump pump should I use to keep my basement dry during a two week power outage?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

So the answers to a dog feces problem is shocking it or finishing a room for it? :)

Reply to
FDR

#1 im a complete idiot at construction and i want to do something even more idiotic to my house/yard/whatever. whats the best way to do it?

Reply to
I R Baboon

How to repair hole in drywall

Reply to