Yard blower

Dave wrote: My yard blower seem to stall out but usually after 5 to 10 minutes or if I aim it up. What I have tried: new gas, It gets a bit of blue smoke. Cleaned the air cleaner with lacquer thinner, got it nice and clean. Replaced the spark plug.Pored a little straight gas in the tank trying to lower gas and oil mixture. Today I took the air cleaner off and it ran allot faster and better. But no air cleaner could lean it out to much so this might be the best thing.Any other suggestions?

Try a rake. Much quieter. Good therapy, you know. I'm not being flippant, either. Tom

Reply to
tom

Alternating crankcase pressure and vacuum. Your crankcase seal on a

2-stroke is just as important as cylinder pressure and condition. A lean condition, as you said, could begin at the carb down into your crankcase condition.

There is a complete diagnostic procedure for a 2-stroke engine, in small engine and marine.

Do your basic checks. You do have a service manual?

I will one day print out and publish the diagnostic procedure for these engines. But unless you have the tools to follow, it might be hard. The tools are not cheap.

A 2-stroke may be small (in some instances, but in many not). But emotionally - they are a mighty beast.

Reply to
The Kearsley Curse

My yard blower seem to stall out but usually after 5 to 10 minutes or if I aim it up. What I have tried: new gas, It gets a bit of blue smoke. Cleaned the air cleaner with lacquer thinner, got it nice and clean. Replaced the spark plug.Pored a little straight gas in the tank trying to lower gas and oil mixture. Today I took the air cleaner off and it ran allot faster and better. But no air cleaner could lean it out to much so this might be the best thing.Any other suggestions?

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

I hate those 2 cycle engines. I have a battery power version and never have problems starting it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan