Weller D550 professional soldering gun

The 7250AN acorn tip nuts used by the Weller D550 professional soldering gun are badly designed and will not produce good contact and will prevent the tip from getting hot.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Is this a question/answer/statement ?

Weller messed up when they went from the connectors that the tip went through the nuts/bolts and made a 90 deg turn and stuck out of the holes.

Even those sometimes needed to be taken out/cleaned and retightened.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

BS. They've been working fine for about 40 years.Or more. CXan't remember when I got my first one -and they are a lot better than the old WEN soldering guns that used a pair of scresws tomake the contact.

Reply to
Clare Snyder