Weight limitiation of old work ceiling box

I'm adding a couple pendant lights in a kitchen and the ceiling box for the existing fixture isn't in the right location. If I were to use an old work ceiling box, how heavy of a ceiling fixture could I expect it to support? Looking at the device, I don't trust it to support very much :-)

Here's a link to the item at Lowes:

Thanks,

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Neumann

Get a "fan brace" box, the kind that fits between the joists. No need to make a big hole, just slide the thing lengthwise up thru the plaster hole and then crank the screws to expand it and wedge between the joists. They are rated for heavy fan loads and will support any fixture you have in mind.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Joe Fabeitz