Weak insecticides

What's it called?

Reply to
Abe

I have a device that looks like a paddle-ball racket except that the "strings" are electrified. Does wonders on flying insects plus it provides a nice little electrical show.

Reply to
KenStahl

We fought roaches in our place with every possible spray, including those the pest control people brought. None of it worked. Then, after reading an article on roach motels, I decided to give Combat a shot. They were the people who developed the original roach motels and their formula is supposed to be especially good. Result: One week of Combat and the roaches disappeared. And they haven't been back since, except for the occasional straggler who wanders in through an open door. The ones in the cabinets and walls are all gone. It has served us well for a couple of years now.

Reply to
Jim

I call it my bug zapper, but I don't think anyone actually gave it a name when it was manufactured.

KenStahl

Is it just my imagination, or are Raid and Hot Shot and Black Flag all weaker now than in years past? Have all the effective active ingredients been banned over tha past thirty years? Seems like bug spray used to pack more stopping power. Now, the roaches and such crawl around for several minutes, have a grand mal seizure, and don't die for another several minutes. And flying insects easily zoom away--they only drop if you corner them.

-- bruce The dignified don't even enter in the game.

-- The Jam

Reply to
The Sanity Inspector

I have seen this recently advertised on TV a few times. The only reason I paid any attention to it is because thy stated the killing power lasted an entire year. I haven't seen a pesticide in 10 years that claimed to be able to kill roaches and other insects an entire year. Not one the public could use. They make good products and I would bet it works based on the other products they manufacture that I have used. I haven't checked but they probably carry this @ Home Depot.

kcaj

I usually put it in the area of my ass. That's where the concentration of bugs can be found.

Reply to
KenStahl

The pest control companies use high tech killers for roaches. One of them causes mutations of roaches. You will see them with legs missing or additional legs, etc. They breed themselves out of existence.

"Put baking soda under sinks near pipe openings and along basement windows to repel ants, silver fish and roaches. Roaches will dehydrate and die after eating baking soda."

Holger

Reply to
Holger Dansk

Never heard that about baking soda. I do know that powered boric acid will do what you describe, but you do need to place it so that is not accessible to pets and children.

Reply to
Outta Sight

Darn. That would leave my ass out.

Reply to