WD-40 New Can

I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a can with a built in straw.

I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that is over.

Reply to
Duff

I saved a bunch of them when I discarded the empties.

Reply to
PanHandler

Save the big bucks and buy one of these:

and a couple of these:

The plastic spray bottle has an adjustable nozzle for stream or spray.

Think of how many aerosol cans you've purchased over the years and compare that to the price of a gallon (~$15) and a couple of

Reply to
DerbyDad03

And it's impossible to buy new straws because WD-40 bought them all up and would rather have you keep buying product to get a new straw. I don't like those new built in straw cans.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Shoulda saved the old ones. :-)

Reply to
PanHandler

They sell a little rubber gadget that holds the straw to the can if it pops off. I picked up a handful at the auto parts store and keep them on all the cans with straws. You can also buy replacement straws but you need a few different sizes because they are not standard.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yep.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Huge problem always for me. I always have WD-40, rarely the damn straw though. There must be a way to get straws though? How about this idea? When you get a new can, cut the straw in two pieces and then tape the other half of the straw on the opposite side of the can from where the first piece is taped.

At least that would double the life of the straw.

Reply to
cmsan

I use a strip of duct tape and tape the straw on the can after use.

Works for me. One piece last along time.

Reply to
Oren

OK, I gotta ask...

Why don't people buy the gallon size and a few spray bottles? It's not like it ever goes bad and it's so much cheaper.

I keep a spray bottle in my shop, in my garage and in my trailer.

It's also "greener", should you care.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Try these straw holders

tnom

Yup those are the ones I got at the auto parts store.

Reply to
gfretwell

I go one step beyond yours. I tape a plastic soda straw (with the bottom

3/4" bent up) to the can and drop the can's straw into that.

Won't work as well as your plain old taping if the can gets rolled around, but my cans are always standing upright on a shelf or workbench.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

-snip-

I used a gallon of WD40 but found that the aerosol was just a lot handier. I had plastic 2 bottles and both broke long before the gallon was up.

I picked up a metal spray can for some PB blaster that I have in stock now. The damn thing doesn't spray all that well- and it seems to leak if the barometric pressure or temperature changes a little bit.

There's a reason aerosol cans are popular.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Save the straws from all straw-equipped cans.

Likewise save the nozzles from all spray cans. There will come a time when the nozzle of your current compound won't work.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:mKadnf1Sx-NAur_UnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Go to Wal-Mart and get all the WD40 straws you want. They're on all the cans.

Reply to
Red Green

snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Looks like a good thing. But five bucks for a dozen modified rubber bands? Harbor Freight bag of rubber bands Shitload in a bag for maybe 50 cents or a buck.

Only problem with elastics is they dry out.

Reply to
Red Green

You can buy refillable, rechargable, air powered cans that have a schrader valve in the bottom. They are made of metal and work quite well. Just put in some of whatever liquid you want to spray, screw on the top, hit the valve with a quick blast from your compressor hose and you're good to go.

Reply to
salty

I bought an inexpensive refillable spray can from Harbor Freight and years before bought an expensive built like a tank spray can from W.W.Grainger. The sprayers are an excellent way to demonstrate how flammable kerosene or diesel fuel is when sprayed as a fine mist. The fireballs you can make with the things are amazing.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I solved that problem by getting (free) a gross of straws ;)

nick hull