Just a friendly heads-up for all you fellow construction workers.
Before you renovate your home or office building, have it inspected.
Sprayed on asbestos products was commonly used to fireproof or
insulate. These products are extremely dangerous. Since my father died
of lung cancer after working in the mines his whole life, I am on a
crusade to educate everyone of the risks associated with asbestos.
Please feel free to look over the information I have gathered on
asbestos so far at http://bangledesigns.ca/asbestos.html Resent
medical information indicates that extreme concentration of fibrous
asbestos is much more dangerous then expected. If you have
information, you would like to share please feel free to contact me.
While some products are considered relatively safe while intact,
exposure can occur if the asbestos-type products are damaged and micro
fibers are released into the air. Also, the latency period for
asbestos cancers is 20 to 40 years. Get the facts and work safe.
The rule to follow is "Don't work in an asbestos mine."
There are no cases of asbestos-related diseases from commercial products
containing asbestos. This includes those who worked insulation, wall and
floor coverings, and even with brake shoes and pads where there's a lot of
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.