Waterproof battery

I got to change a battery on alarmed exit device, yesterday. It's on outdoor door, and gets wet.

The manager wants to know if I can provide a waterproof battery, so it will last longer.

I took out a Heavy Duty and put in alkaline. Sigh.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, Why not Lithium ones?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Costs more. Not required.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Does 'wetness' really discharge the battery, or was this tongue in cheek? water proof a battery?! does that include the metal connectors?! More like a 'water proof system' here. Alkaline works great, as long as no detection going on for 'low battery' indication.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Pot the batteries with RTV (silicone calk) It's will be a bitch to change them but they will be waterproof.

Reply to
rbowman

Costs more the first time, but how about when the interval is increased by factor of 10 or more?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

So, I can get paid to replace the battery once every five years instead of a couple times a year? Remember, I get paid to replace the battery.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A good worker provides great value, but in this case, I don't want to value myself out of a job. I get paid by the trip.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon