Water Well Pumo Switch Reset - How to?

This morning, our water well pump lost power. The Pumptrol Square D

9013 FSG switch appears to have tripped and the water pressure dial is all the way down to zero. No water is being drawn from the well. The pump tank says "Franklin Electric".

How do I trobleshoot this? This particular switch has no on/off lever unlike the previous model. The switch cover has signs of soot but I am unable to tell if this is recent or accumulated over the years. I checked the circuit breaker panel and the well pump switch as not tripped.

Please help - we have no water! Thanks,

Fil

Reply to
Filibogado

There is nothing on the Square D pressure switch that trips. It is a pressure activated double pole switch. It has two sets of contacts in it, and can be wired in a couple of ways depending upon what other controls are involved to operate the well.

Reply to
RBM

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 02:16:08 -0700 (PDT), Filibogado wrote in Re Water Well Pumo Switch Reset - How to?:

Try switching the well pump switch to "off" and then back to "on".

Do you have something that you can use to check to see if you have voltage at the pump switch? If so, check that. If not, see if you can get a meter or tester like one of these

Reply to
CRNG

This is when you call the well service people. With no more information than what you gave, it could be many different things. What kind of well? what kind of pump? Did you bother to take the cover off the control box? Any obvious problems? Does the pump run off 220 volts? Is there an /AC capacitor in the control box has it heated up and vented?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn